Sunday, June 10, 2012

GREEK STYLE SALMON AND SALAD

So welcome to my first Whats For Dinner blog post.  I want to share my recipes with the world and hope that you all enjoy them as much as I do.  I know some of the won't be successful and some them will.  I will tell you up front that I did go to culinary school and worked in the industry for about 8 years. 

It was pretty warm here in Rhode Island today so I wanted to make a light summer style dinner.  I knew I needed to use the salmon that my husband had bought so this is what I came up with.


Greekish Salad (Makes about 4 servings)

1 pint plum (or cherry) tomatoes
1 English cucumber
2 large (about 2 inches long) radishes (you can use about 6 regular radishes if you can't find the long french style ones we get at the farmers market here)
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
3 tablespoons ponzu (you can use lemon juice if you can't find ponzu)
1 tablespoon Wildtree Opa Greek Seasoning (any Greek seasoning will work)
1 teaspoon dried dill
salt and pepper to taste

Place the tomatoes in a bowl.  For the cucumber you can cut the ends off slice it length ways down the middle and slice (any size depends on if you like it chunky or not) half moons out of the cucumber and add to the bowl.  For the radishes, cut the ends off (again slice as thin or as thick as you like) I cut mine it circles but you can just chunk them up for a more rustic look, add them to the bowl.  Put the other stuff in and season with salt and pepper to taste and set aside while making the salmon.


Sauce For Salmon (makes about 4 servings)
1/2 cup light (or not so light, lol) sour cream (you can use Greek Yogurt too if you have it)
3 teaspoons ponzu (again feel free to use lemon juice if you can't find it, should be in the Asian section)
1 teaspoon Wildtree Opa Greek Seasoning (again any Greek seasoning will work)
1/2 teaspoon dried dill
salt and pepper to taste

Mix all ingredients together in a bowl .

Putting Together The Salmon (Makes about 4 servings)

1# of Salmon (I prefer Pacific salmon but if you like Atlantic you can use it)
Sauce from above
Pan spray

Preheat your oven to 450 degrees.  Spray your pan of choice down with pan spray.  Place your salmon on the pan and smother with Greek style sauce.  Place in oven for about 10-12 minutes or until the salmon feels firm to the touch.  Portion up and serve with salad.

 Before the oven:

After the oven:














Enjoy Whats For Dinner Tonight!




No comments:

Post a Comment