Tuesday, June 19, 2012

FANCY BURGERS

So my coworker had mentioned that there was these burgers at Shaws that were so delicious that I had to try them.  So I found them on a good deal this last weekend so I made them last night for dinner.  I am calling them fancy burgers because usually most people add some cheese maybe some bacon lettuce and tomato, maybe an onion.  I have all those just in an upgraded sense.  Check it out.


Panchetta (serves 2):
4 slices Panchetta

Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.  Place pan in the oven and bake for about 10-15 minutes or until the panchetta is nice and crispy.

before

after



BALSAMIC GRILLED ONIONS (SERVES 2):
1 medium onion
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
Preheat your grill to between 400 and 500 degrees.  Slice onions to about 1/4 inch thick.  Lay out and sprinkle with the rest of the ingredients.  Place rounds on the grill and grill for about 3 minutes per side and then take off grill and set aside. 

sliced onions

onions marinating

just on the grill
balsamic grilled onions







BASIL GARLIC AOLI (SERVES 2):
1/4 cup mayo or miracle whip if you prefer
4 basil leaves
1 teaspoon fresh garlic

Place mayo into a bowl and add chopped garlic (I always have a jar of the already chopped up in the fridge).  Then you will need to chiffonad the basil.  I know that seems like and intimidating word but it is actually really easy.  Put all your leaves in a stack, roll the leaves up together and slice (see pics below).  Add the basil to the bowl and stir. Set aside for assembling.



stack your basil leaves together

roll the basil leaves




and chop...that simple


finished aoli





THICK GRILLED BURGERS (SERVES 2):
2 thick burger patties (I used shaw's pub burgers here)
salt and pepper
4 slices of brie cheese (with the rind removed)

Preheat grill between 400 and 500 degrees.  Salt and Pepper the burgers to your liking and place on the grill.  Cook for about 6 minutes per side for a medium burger longer for well done shorter for more rare. Just before taking off grill add the brie and then take them off and let them rest for about 4 minutes or so.


shaws pub style burgers







on the grill

flip


add the brie







TO ASSEMBLE:
take your burger bun and smother in aoli.  Place your burger on the bottom side put your two pieces of panchetta on the top.  Add your grilled onions.  I also put two slices of tomato and some arugula salad mix on our burgers add the top of the bun and enjoy!


AND THAT'S WHATS FOR DINNER!



1 comment:

  1. I'm not a "burger" person, and I don't like onions, but seriously...If I cook the onion until soft, or better yet a little crispy and not so "oniony", this looks delicious! but you kind of had me at basil aoli ;)

    ReplyDelete